And as promised, more news from us are coming in. We are starting this year with new plans, new ideas, and trying to refresh some things.
The ubuntu-locoteams Project on Launchpad is where issues against LoCo Teams can be filed, but is mostly used by the LoCo Council to keep track of the (re-)verification processes that are taking place. If you are a team contact or admin you may already know that we use bugs for that purpose. Personally, I like them as they are versatile, and give an option to have a (re-)verification done if the team contact cannot be present on a meeting. But sometimes team contacts, or even we, may be confused about what each bug status means on this pseudo-project. This is why we thought about it, and have created a definition for each bug status, that will be applied when a bug is set on the ubuntu-locoteams project on Launchpad.
We have created a wiki page which explains the following bug statuses:
- New: Bug has been just filed, no response from the contact/person in charge yet.
- Incomplete: Cycle has ended and a (re-)verification application is not on file. OR Team has expired and a re-verification application is not on file.
- Opinion: Everything that is not a (re-)verification.
- Invalid: Bug is not valid (can be a duplicate or something really invalid).
- Won’t fix: Team doesn’t exist / bug has been created in vain / team existed but is now closed.
- Confirmed: Bug has been just filed and the contact/person in charge has replied.
- Triaged: (Re-)verification will be discussed on a meeting.
- In Progress: (Re-)verification voting procedure is currently open and the process is being followed on the bug, not on a meeting.
- Fix Committed: Team is (re-)verificated, but its membership to ~locoteams-verified needs to be (re)set.
- Fix Released: Everything has been done and team has been added to ~locoteams-verified, process is done.
We hope that this definitions can make the (re-)verification process and its stages more clear, and help everyone understand it better. If you or your team have any enquiries about the (re-)verification process, make sure to send us an email to email@example.com, or drop by the #ubuntu-locoteams channel on irc.freenode.net (click here to access via a web client). Again, expect more from us soon!