Hi, after a lot of work, thinking and talking about the problem of the LoCo Organization and the SubLoCos, we came up with the following policy:
- Each team will be a country (or state in the United States). We will call this a ‘LoCo’.
- Each LoCo can have sub-teams. This sub-teams will be created at the will and need of each LoCo.
- A LoCo may have sub-teams or not have sub-teams.
- In the event a LoCo does have sub-teams, a Team Council needs to be created.
- A Team Council is conformed by at least one member of each sub-team.
- The members that will be part of the Team Council will be chosen by other current members of the team.
- The Team Council will have the power to make decisions regarding to the LoCo.
- The Team Council will also have the power to request partner items, such as conference and DVD packs.
- The LoCo Council will only recognize one team per country (or state in the United States). This is the team that will be in the ~locoteams team in Launchpad.
- In the event a LoCo wants to go through the verification process, the LoCo will go through it, and not individual sub-teams.
- LoCos not meeting the criteria of country/state teams will be denied verification.
- In the event what is considered a sub-team wants to be considered a LoCo, it will need to present a request to the LoCo Council.
- The LoCo Council will provide a response, which is, in no way, related to verification. The LoCo will still have to apply for verification if wanted.
We encourage the LoCo teams to see if this new form of organization is fits for you, if so please start forming subteams as you find useful. If a team needs help with this or anything else contact us, we are here to help!