Hey all!, the new Ubuntu Global Jam Edition is coming next 13, 14 and 15 September 2013!
So this is a great opportunity to get together and meet other Ubuntu fans and contributors, make new friends in your area, and help to make the next Ubuntu release the best it can be so we can bring Free Software to the masses, improve our community or just have a great time.
So what do you need to do to have an event in your area, follow the steps below and if you get stuck, ask for help in #ubuntu-locoteams.
Organising an even can be easy in a few simple steps:
- There is a guide to to organising an event.
- Please update your loco team page and add your event to the LoCo Team Portal if is not already there.
- Be sure to tweet/dent/facebook/G+ it and use the
#locoteamstags so others can see them!
Now who can come…. EASY EVERYONE!
- Everyone is welcome – anyone is welcome to organise or join an Ubuntu Global Jam event. If you’re not organising one but want to attend contact your local Ubuntu LoCo Team.
- You don’t have to be technical – There are many ways to take part and attending Ubuntu Global Jam events attract lots of different people, and you don’t have to be a developer or technical to take part. We welcome anyone to come along and take part in your own way.
- Keep it simple to organise – pick a place to meet up on, agree on a date and time, and tell others about it. That’s it!
See you arround in the Jam